Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Translation-Dutch to English

Thanks

Default Translation-Dutch to English

Hi,
    Would it be possible for someone on the board to translate 2 files from Dutch to English for me please. The files concern the loss of a 199sqdn aircraft, and i can send them via email attachment.
    tia........Alan.

Thanks

Default Dutch Translation

G'day Alan

Just for fun, I'll run it through a language translation program and see what I get.

Perhaps Henk or soomeone else would be willing to do a proper job of it.

ccharlandATcogecodotca

Cheers...Chris

Thanks

Hi Chris,
    Thanks, it's on the way, one mistake i have just noticed is that the file states EE946, (P) which was lost on Berlin ops 31/08/43, but in fact, the crew concerned were lost on EE917, (L) the previous night, 30/31st Munchengladbach.

Thanks

Default Dutch?

Hi Alan,
    If all else fails, e-mail me the text, I have a Dutch friend who would be very willing to translate it for you.
    Regards
    Max

Jempy Guest

Hi Alan,
    Send those files to manchesterATversateladsl.be (replace the AT with the obvious) and I will give it a go to translate them for you.
    Regards
    Jempy

Thanks

Hi,

Being a bit late to reply, I would be happy to act as a back-up or to share the work if the quantity should justify this. How much is it, by the way?

Hans Meijer

Thanks

Default Translation:

Hi Alan -
    A brief translation from my Dutch friends:
    It is saying that during the night between 30 and 31 august 1943, the bombers of bomber command attacked Munchen Gladbach. 660 aeroplanes took part and 616 got above the planned target and let 2.272ton of explosives off. During the attack the British lost 25 planes.one of these was shot down by a German night fighter and hit the ground in the neighbourhood of the borough of Nederweert. The total crew of 8 people perished in the crash, their remains were taken by the Germans and buried in the common cemetery "Woensel' in Eindhoven.

Then it is the report made by the German Airforce:
    03.56hours: a Short Stirling plane was shot down between Nederweert and Kelpen, 25 km south east of Eindhoven by a night fighter. 8 crew dead. Plane total right-off.
    Then it goes on to give the details of the plane.I think you can follow this ok? The last are the names of the men who died on the plane.

HTH
    Max

HansO Guest

Hi Alan,

It would be a pleasure to help you out where possible.
    You can email me off board: hDOToomsAThotmailDOTcom.

Kind regards,
    Hans

Thanks

Dear All,
    I never cease to be amazed at the ability of our various European members of the Forum to be able to work in several languages. We Brits are very lazy linguistically.
    Just to go off-topic for a moment.
    The RAF Tac Comms Wing (and, therefore, the Mobile Met Unit) plus the rest of the 38 Group circus used to go, in the late autumn (when the crops had been gathered in) to play military exercises in various parts of NATO.
    One year we were in the middle of deepest, darkest, Denmark. I knew that my blokes were going to find a pub when off duty. I therefore took the precaution of asking the RDAF liaison officer just where, exactly, we were and how, exactly, the blokes should ask for directions back to camp.
    He said "You should realise that Danish is not a language - it is a throat disease." He then said "Do you see that young 12-yr old lad watching all that is going on? He is the son of the farmer on who's land we are about to play all these military games. He probably speaks better English than most of your airmen - and may speak better English than either you or !". Very humbling!!! Same like in the Netherlands!!
    Thankyou European members!
    Rgds
    Peter Davies

Thanks

Hi,
    A big thank you to everyone who has/are helping me out with the files, very much appreciated.
    Regards........Alan