Thread: W.A.Thomson R88744 RCAF

Thanks

Default W.A.Thomson R88744 RCAF

Hi,
    Wilson Andrew Thomson survived WW2.I am seeking his service career details.He was in No.55 OTU at RAF Usworth.I am not able to request his service record from Canada as he survived the war as I am trying to find out where in Canada he came from.Can anyone help with this.

Regards,Philip

Thanks

This may constitute grasping at straws. The Royal Canadian Legion's "Last Post" site records the death of William A. Thomson (no details as to rank, number or service career) in Lloydminster Saskatchewan in 1986 (sorry, no spefic date).

Airforce Magazine of March 1990 reported the death of F/O W.A. Thompson, "navigator with No.434 Squadron" in Toronto, 16 January 1989. Probably not your man as, apart from spelling, No.55 OTU was (I believe) a fighter OTU and No.434 Squadron was Halifax bombers. Still, a straw at which to grasp.
    Last edited by HughAHalliday; 30th August 2010 at 22:09. Reason: spelling mistreak

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Toml View Post
    Hi,
    Wilson Andrew Thomson survived WW2.I am seeking his service career details.He was in No.55 OTU at RAF Usworth.I am not able to request his service record from Canada as he survived the war as I am trying to find out where in Canada he came from.Can anyone help with this.

Regards,Philip
    Hi Philip,
    I have a wartime autograph book with an address for W A Thomson. It would appear that he was in RCAF 408 Squadron, based at Leeming in North Yorkshire.
    His address is (was) 47 Ellerslie Avenue, Willowdale Ontario.
    I think he had a brother E G Thomson, 1st Can. Paras A Co.
    I have other names too for RCAF personnel around 1944

Thanks

Hi there,

Another possibility is Wilson 'Willie' Thomson, born September 19, 1914 in Winnipeg, Manitoba where he passed away on October 28, 2003. According to the obituary, he 'served in the RCAF in the Second World War' (no details).

Cheers,

Fox.
    Author of Crash in Bayeux - The Last Flight of Sergeant Ferguson (ISBN 979-10-91044-13-4) - www.facebook.com/crashinbayeux.

Thanks

Hi Phil,

I have mailed you Phill Jones