Thread: RAF General court martial charges

Thanks

Default RAF General court martial charges

Hi
    I have been looking at an entry in the RAF general court martial registers. The case I was interedted in noted that the charge was theft, under the theft column is written DOł. Can anyone tell me what "DOł" means or even just tell me how/where I could find out?
    Thanks

Thanks

I believe that the "DO" that you are refering to is short for "ditto". As it sits in the 'Theft' column, it seems that he was charged with a theft related offence. The "3" means he was charged with three counts of that offence.

Rgds

Jonny
    In fond memory of Corporal James Oakland AGC (RMP), killed in action in Afghanistan on 22 October 2009. Exemplo Ducemus.

Thanks

Thanks Jonny,

Seems so obvious now you've told me! This info was in series AIR 21 at Kew, is AIR 18 the right place to look next to find out more about the theft? It says it contains the court martial proceedings I wonder how much detail this will give?

Becky

Thanks

Gents.

Can I ask please, has the quoted "General Court Martial Register" all WWII period entries on it with sentences recorded. If so where is the register please. Thanks.

Thanks

I have had a look at an extract from the RAF general court martial register.
    The register gives the name and rank of each prisoner, place of trial, nature of the charge and sentence. The register is at the national archives in Kew.

Thanks

Colin,

This is the one you want:

http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/catalogue/displaycataloguedetails.asp?CATID=471&CATLN=3&High light=%2CCOURTS%2CMARTIAL&accessmethod=0

I have some photos of one of the Register's pages if you would like me to send some through. It will give you a flavour of what it contains.

Rgds

Jonny
    In fond memory of Corporal James Oakland AGC (RMP), killed in action in Afghanistan on 22 October 2009. Exemplo Ducemus.

Thanks

Becky,

I have only ever looked at Air 21, never Air 18 i.e. "Judge Advocate General's Office: Royal Air Force Courts Martial Proceedings". A wee bit cheeky I know, but if you ever get the chance to take a look at them, can you please let me know what it contains? ;o)

Thanks in advance

Jonny

Thanks

Jonny,

I plan on getting to see it or at least an extract from it some day soon and when I do i'll let you know!

Becky

Thanks

I'm watching this thread with interest as my grandfather was the subject of two FGCMs on Malta. His conduct record has no record of the second offence - I only discovered it through an oblique reference on some correspondence on his service file.
    Interests include Spitfires in Malta 1942 and 460 Sqdn 1943-44 (including Black Thursday)

Thanks

I have some photos of one of the Register's pages if you would like me to send some through. It will give you a flavour of what it contains.

Rgds

Jonny

That would be great please do, very much appreciated. Colin.