Thread: 514 & 207 ORB's

Thanks

Default 514 & 207 ORB's

Hi

I am trying to find out more about my grandmothers first husband's war record. Sergeant Eric James Roberts was the navigator on DS817 514 Squadron shot down the night of 20/21 December 1943 on a raid to Frankfurt. Major Wilhem Herget is credited with loss of DS817, all onboard except the pilot were killed. I believe that prior to his posting to 514 squadron Eric and his crew were with 207, is it possible to find out from the operational record books how many missions Eric and his crew completed before the Frankfurt/wich raids had they taken part in?, my next question does anyone have access to these records and would you be willing to assist me.

The crew of Eric's Lancaster 20/21 Dec 1943

F/S G.J.Davis PoW Sgt J.Smethurst KIA Sgt.J.Roberts KIA Sgt R.D.Seddon KIA Sgt H.Morris KIA Sgt A.R.Bird KIA Sgt W.D.B.O'Dea RAAF KIA F/S G.J.Davis was interned in Camps 4B/L7, PoW No.269762.

Many Thanks

Rob

Thanks

Default 207/514

Rob
    For 207 try:
    207 Squadron RAF Association
    Membership: Kevin Mapley, 26 Bournville Avenue, Chatham, Kent ME4 6LR
    Reunions/Newsletter/website: Frank Haslam, 56 Windfield, Leatherhead, Surrey KT22 8UQ: association AT 207squadron.rafinfo.org.uk
    207 hosted sites: http://www.rafinfo.org.uk
    for 514 try:
    514 Squadron Association: Clive Hill, PO Box 15084, Birmingham B35 9DE, West Midlands: raf514assn AT btinternet.com
    Canadian contact for 514 Squadron RAF is Wendy Flemming: deno11 AT shaw.ca
    514 Sqn tribute website http://freespace.virgin.net/tracy.triumph/Info.html
    These are both from the RAFRA site which is generally fairly up to date.

The National Archives at Kew also have the ORBs and that is well worth a visit except that you can get very distracted by other stuff that is fascinating!!!
    Dee