Thread: P/O Nowak E - 3 A.G.S.

Thanks

Default P/O Nowak E - 3 A.G.S.

Dear all,

Can anyone provide further details or a service number for a P/O NOWAK, E who was involved in a minor accident in Martinet HP172 on the 04.12.1943 whilst serving with No.3 A.G.S.

Any help would be appreciated.

Kind regards,

Tim

Thanks

Hi Tim,

I tried the London Gazette, did a search of the Flight Service Aviation pages, and the CWGC sites, nothing turned up with that spelling.
    Last edited by dfuller52; 7th October 2010 at 22:28.
    David

Thanks

Default Nowak

F/Lt (por.) Ernest Nowak P-2209 24.11.1917 - 5.11.1973 (he died in Blackburn).

Regards
    Peter

Thanks

Tim, If his nationality was anything other than Commonwealth he will not appear in the LG despite being commissioned in the RAF.
    Regards, Terry

Thanks

Default A Pole

Nowak was a Polish officer and would have held a Polish rank which might not have aligned directly with his RAF rank (although in this case - 'Por' = Flying Officer).

You can find out about his RAF career by contacting the Polish Institute & Sikorski Museum at Princes Gate, London. They have helped me in the past and there is a book which lists the service of all Poles in their air force.

Where's young Negus when you need him!!!!!

OldRotor

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by OldRotor View Post
    Nowak was a Polish officer and would have held a Polish rank which might not have aligned directly with his RAF rank (although in this case - 'Por' = Flying Officer).

You can find out about his RAF career by contacting the Polish Institute & Sikorski Museum at Princes Gate, London. They have helped me in the past and there is a book which lists the service of all Poles in their air force.

Where's young Negus when you need him!!!!!

OldRotor
    Hi
    You are right. Polish PORUCZNIK is an equivalent of F/O and KAPITAN is an equivalent of F/Lt, but in this particular case Nowak's last RAF rank was F/Lt and PAF porucznik.
    Not sure if there is a lot about Nowak's RAF career in Sikorski Museum, but probably something about his service in PAF. If he served directly in RAF it would happened after the war so it is rather unlikely to find it over there.
    Another good source of information is PAFA Association which sadly is closing down in December. They have service cards of most of PAF survivors.

Thanks

Hello All,

Many thanks for the assistance and advice. My notes have been updated and I will contact the Polish Institute & Sikorski Museum at Princes Gate, London in due course.

Thank you once again.

Regards,

Tim