Thread: 192 Squadron

Thanks

Default 192 Squadron

1. To anyone who has contacted me in the last 4 years please make contact again because my computer and back ups were stolen in France - I am really sorry.

2. I am developing a website from my book 'Espionage in the Ether' (Compaid Graphics) - anyone having information about or photographs of the following units please please send in electronic form to brx851b@yahoo.com - BATDU, WIDU, 109 Squadron (pre 8 Group), 1473 Flight, 1474 Flight, 192 Squadron, US detachment 7PRG, 1341 Flight, 162 Squadron. I am looking for anything and everything concerning airborne radio reconaissance (ELINT) to update. It is about time the full story became available on the net and full credit will be given to contributors. Many thanks - John and Bill Rees (ex 1473 Flight and 192 Squadron and 90 this year).

Thanks

Default Photos

On the wartime memories site there is a guy called Brian Woodhead who has some photos of his fathers from 1473 Flt and 109 Sqn see http://www.wartimememoriesproject.com/ww2/allied/royalairforce/109sqd-raf.php#lcgoodhead
    There is a link on there that since I dont use the microsoft email system wont let me access but you might try it and see if its still extant!
    Dee

Thanks

thanks Oggie

Thanks

Default espionage in the Ether

Hi - new to this forum
    I bought your book a few years ago - it was great to see a photo of my late dad in there!

I have a few photos of my dad and other members of the crew - 1 with Halifax DT-A - which I believe is from Foulsham.

I am keen to get some details of the Squadron history during the final 8-10 months of WW2 - I have gleaned some from the book - but think I should now prepare for a visit to the National Archives.

Interesting to hear that you are considering a website based on your book.

Paul Savage

Thanks

Default 192 Squadron

Dear Paul
    Still working on the website which should go live in a few weeks - if you have photos could you scan and send to lynnemrees@yahoo.co.uk

Many thanks John

Thanks

Hi John,

Looking forward to your website, I used to be on 51 Sqn, which as you are no doubt aware was formed from 192 Sqn in the 1950s.

Is Espionage in the Ether still in print? When I have looked for a copy in the past only very expensive second hand copies were available.

Best Regards

Andy Fletcher
    Last edited by Andy Fletcher; 6th July 2012 at 07:50. Reason: Grammar
    Per Speculationem Impellor ad Intelligendum