Thread: 103 Sqn? and RAF Woodbridge

Thanks

Default 103 Sqn? and RAF Woodbridge

Dear all

Apologies that this is rather vague but my previous computer died on me and I've not (yet?) been able to retrieve all the accrued e-mails.

However, a little while ago, in response to a post of mine about Woodbridge, I had an e-mail from someone asking if I had anything about the arrival there of (I think it was) a 103 Sqn a/c. At the time I couldn't help. Unfortunately I can't recall who it was asking and, as I say, I haven't yet got access to that e-mail to find out.

So ... if it was you, could you please contact me again. I have now got notes from the ORB on the 'arrivals' at Woodbridge from Nov 43 to (so far) Oct 44 which now include a couple of 103 Sqn a/c, so perhaps it now covers the one you were inquiring about. The ORB doesn't give individual details of ALL the arrivals there, it seems that only about two-thirds of them are individually recorded, but I'm already up to about 600!

Ian

Thanks

Hello ian,

seems it was me who ask you about a Lanc of 103 Squadron with Russell-Fry as pilot ?

Alain

Thanks

Default 103 Sqn a/c at Woodbridge

Hi Alain, thanks for reminding me!

But it looks like you're still out of luck I'm afraid. The only four I've come across so far from 103 Sqn are:

(Un-named pilot) - 19/11/43
    W/O Frost - 4/12/43
    P/O Jones - 30/12/43 and
    F/L Allwood - 23/4/44

As mentioned the ORB, unfortunately, doesn't give details of all of the a/c which landed at Woodbridge (seems to list about two-thirds so far, comparing the detailed entries with the 'overall a/c totals' where given) so Russell-Fry may have landed there during the period I've already looked at. Or I might not yet have got to him.

But I'll try to keep him in mind as I continue through the pages.

Cheers

Ian