Thread: pow questionaire P/O Cullum available?

Thanks

Default pow questionaire P/O Cullum available?

Hello,

P/O Arthur Tedder Longford Cullum / RCAF J.22563 was a crewmember on board of Lancaster ED435 of 49 squadron which crashed in Heeten near Zwolle March 30 , 1943.Three men were killed and the other four became POW including P/O Cullum.
    I hope to find his POW questionaire.Looking at the website of the TNA it could be at
    WO/344/79/2.Could somebody please tell me if his questionaire is indeed available or how to check if it is available?

Thanks

Mike

Thanks

Hello,

The only way to know if your airman has filled in a PoW questionnaire is actually to pull up the corresponding volume and check ! From my own research into this subject, I'd say about 5 to 10 % of PoW questionnaires are missing, and I clearly suspect that the form were never filled by the said PoWs.

The other reason is when the PoWs were repatriated back, usually for medical reasons, well before the liberation of the camps. And so they didn't fill in the form which were issued to liberated PoWs in April and May 1945.

Otherwise, you may strike lucky if another forumite has already checked the same questionnaire.

Joss

Thanks

Thanks Joss for your response.

Mike