Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: 37 Squadron - Wellington Q-Queenie May '43

Thanks

Thanks David. I think that nails down the origin of the photo that Colin has and explains why there are no other aircraft nearby. It wasn't a collision but damage caused by burning debris. Do we know the call letter for HE955? Could it have been JN-'Q'? i.e. another 'Q-Queenie'?

The question also arises, what was John Slade doing at 150 Sqn's airfield? How far apart were the landing grounds? And could he possibly have mistaken the photo for his own a/c and pencilled in the caption on the back of the photo later?
    David

Thanks

HE602 T

HE995 Unknown

HF671 M.

David

Thanks

Default Re: 37 Squadron - Wellington Q-Queenie May '43

PS : I have digital pictures of No. 108 Squadron for July to December 1942. Not very detailed compared to others (no crew composition for example), it might help you in your family project. I copied this for a R.C.A.F. veterans who was also a wireless operator in No. 108 Squadron at that time, his first tour. He was Keith PATRICK. May be his name is known to you, as he had the same trade as your father ?

Hi there ,

Id love to get any copies you're willing to share as my great uncle was a bomber pilot with 108 son from that same time period . Please and thanks.

My email is brockkerbyivanhoe@gmail.com

Thanks

Hello Brockkerby

I'll send you the digital pictures via wetransfer.
    Alternatively, you can download the ORB yourself, in pdf form, from the National Archives website, you just have to register online and it's free, 10 references per order, with a maximum of 100 in a 30 days period.

Joss

Thanks

Sorry for the trouble , I do have the records , sorry I thought you had group photos from that time period .