Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: WWII - casualties Kenya

Thanks

[COLOR=#000000]FromGeockPoW (Hawke 1955-60)[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#000000] [/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#000000]Iam seeking permission to use the information I have come across on your forum.I have also been researching what happened 32 Old Cambrians who lost theirlives whilst serving in the RAF during WW2. [/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#000000] [/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#000000]Uponcompletion of I should like to have it printed, complete with text, images andCWGC memorial printouts, and then present the records to the President of theOld Cambrian Society. On the other hand, I do not wish to duplicate the effortsof others nor tread upon their shoes. Grateful any comments.[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#000000] [/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#000000]Background[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#000000]Irecently received b&w photos from a fellow Old Cambrian amongst which includedshots of the Pro Patria plaques bearing the names of those Old Cambrians whodied in the service of the RAF during WW2. The photos came a couple of months notlong after completing a mammoth 3-year search regarding the deaths of my uncle(Fg Off Christensen) and his Dakota crew on 21 Aug 44.[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#000000] [/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#000000]So,now knowing the ropes of the available RAF research facilities, I thought I wouldlook up what happened to those named as RAF on the Pro Patria plaques.Inevitably, I ran into your website which proved a great help. I haveresearched all 32 of which only 5 remain incomplete mainly because there are norecords of them at Kew nor the associated internet websites. I am currently inthe process of applying for their service records.[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#000000]Geoff Elliott[/COLOR]

Thanks

Hello GeockPoW,
    I have tried contacting you off-forum via email: the messages bounce back. Please check the email address in your profile is correct.
    In the meantime, please contact me via email ( info@filephotoservice.co.uk ) .

Regards,
    Bruce (wearing moderators hat)
    http://www.filephotoservice.co.uk/
    RESEARCH AT THE NATIONAL ARCHIVES & OTHER UK INSTITUTIONS

Thanks

Only one additional piece of information on Fritjof Helberg. He was Norwegian of origin, not Danish. Born 21 May 1917 in Karls°y, Norway.

Mikkel
    Britain's Victory, Denmark's Freedom. Danish Volunteers in Allied Air Forces During the Second World War
    fb.me/britainsvictorydenmarksfreedom
    danishww2pilots.dk - a resource on Danish aircrew during the Second World War

Thanks

Thank you Mikkel. Just in time as my first draft goes to the printers tomorrow!

Thanks

Happy to be able to help. Good luck on the book.

Mikkel
    Britain's Victory, Denmark's Freedom. Danish Volunteers in Allied Air Forces During the Second World War
    fb.me/britainsvictorydenmarksfreedom
    danishww2pilots.dk - a resource on Danish aircrew during the Second World War