Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: N/A copying prices

Thanks

Default N/A copying prices

Hi,
    I've had a couple of enquiries from people asking advice on how to go about ordering complete ORB's from the NA, but after giving advice on getting them put on disc, ( i've just had 3yrs worth for 29.50) the people concerned tell me that they are going to take the internet download option to get the files faster, which i have told them would cost a downright fortune, am i right in thinking this.
    Alan.

Thanks

Default Na Documents Costs

Alan , i read with interest you thread,on the above , I HAVE JUST yesterday asked for a
    quote for copying a complete ORB , around 5 yrs worth with a PRIVATE RESEARCHER who ADVERTISED on the web , as yet i have not had any reply .
    a few yrs ago i had copied onto disc a complete ORB covering 2 yrs worth by the NA , which cost me 80 , YES I AM SITTING DOWN .
    IF YOU HAD 2yrs worth for 29.50 , WHAT AM I DOING WRONG ?
    WHEN I RECEIVE MY QUOTE I WILL GET BACK TO THE FORUM
    PHILL JONES

Thanks

In my experience the price of a year of ORB varies very much from sqn to sqn and between commands.

Mikkel
    Britain's Victory, Denmark's Freedom. Danish Volunteers in Allied Air Forces During the Second World War
    fb.me/britainsvictorydenmarksfreedom
    danishww2pilots.dk - a resource on Danish aircrew during the Second World War

Thanks

Phill,
    Sorry, i was mistaken, it was 29.70 :-) but as Mikkel said, they can vary for reasons unknown. Today i've had yet another estimate for 2 years of 44sqdn ORB which came to 51.00, and last week i had 138sqdn ORB from Aug 41 to Dec44 for 60.
    As a matter of interest, which ORB are you ordering, just in case i can help out.
    Alan.

Thanks

I have ordered the following this week:
    AIR 27/370 33 Squadron: Operations Record Book 1944 Jan. 1945 Dec.
    AIR 27/1744 349 Squadron: Operations Record Book. 1943 Mar.-1946 Aug

Total cost of 56.70

2 x 25 plus 5 for the DVD and 1.70 postage.

It would seem the length of time covered by the file depends on the number of pages.

A few years back when you ordered a specific file i.e. AIR 27/370 you would get a copy of the entire microfilm that would mean you often got parts of the adjoining files. However this does not happen any more.

Regards
    Andy

Thanks

Hi Andy,
    Thought i'd let you that, yes it does. I ordered the 625 ORB from Oct 43 to Oct 45, and was surprised to have 626 ORB from Nov 43 to Aug44 on the cd as well, nice little bonus!
    But please can someone confirm that i'm right in thinking that to have a whole ORB delivered via digital download would cost an absolute fortune.
    Alan
    Last edited by AlanW; 18th September 2010 at 19:52.

Thanks

Default N/a Copying Prices

[Alan , As yet i still have not had any price quote from a private researcher , but when i do i shall let the forum know .
    In answer to your question concerning what ORB'S I am looking for . amongst other projects ongoing , i am researching single seat fighter OTU'S,

I am at the moment compiling data on NO53 OTU , so i am looking for the complete ORB FOR THIS unit to start ,

while on the subject , i have complete ORB'S for NO516 COMBINED OPERATIONS SQD
    and NO 5 GLIDER TRAINING SCHOOL when based at RAF SHOBDON Herefordshire
    if i can help any researchers in this area please let me know
    phill jones
    Last edited by phill jones; 19th September 2010 at 10:45. Reason: wrong informaation

Thanks

Hi Phill

What dates does your No. 3 Glider Training School ORB copy cover? Do you have March 1943, and therefore any mention of an Australian pilot by the name of Rupert Munson?

Cheers
    Steve

PS. Did you get my two e-mails overnight?
    41 (F) Squadron RAF at War and Peace, April 1916-March 1946
    http://brew.clients.ch/41sqnraf.htm

Thanks

Default Raf Shobdon

[QUOTE=Steve , YES i got your mails overnight , thank you so much , i will dig out the ORB
    FOR No5 GTS SHOBDON , AND I WILL GET BACK TO YOU ASAP , THANKS AGAIN
    PHILL
    Last edited by phill jones; 19th September 2010 at 10:45. Reason: wrong information

Thanks

Phill,
    I don't want to alarm you but unless they've been done since my last visit, the OTU's, HCU's are still in their original format, in books, not on micro film, in which case they are going to cost a bit. Hope someone can say i'm wrong in this case.