Thread: Sgt (pilot) Lister, Arthur. 570069

Thanks

Default Sgt (pilot) Lister, Arthur. 570069

Hi, can anyone help me to find out the circumstances of the above pilot's death.
    I am his son and have his service record, but no details of the ops he was engaged in, or how he met his death.
    He joined the RAF straight from school in Exning, Suffolk, and was killed on active service on 02/05/1944.
    I know nothing of his military life except his name rank and number.

Thanks in anticipation, Don.

Thanks

Hello Don,
    Sgt (Pilot) Arthur ('Skid') LISTER - 570069 was flying Blenheim IV N3613 of No. 1 AAS (Air Armament School) on bombing exercise. Collided with Blenheim V5449 over Theddletorpe ranges, Lincolnshire, about 2 miles E of Saltfleet, 11.15 hrs. Killed on same aircraft were:
    F/Sgt (Bombaimer) Alfred G. BROWN - 1320145, and
    F/O (Bombaimer) Russell G. KIRBY - 134555.
    Regards,
    Henk.

Thanks

Hello Henk

Thank you very much for that. I've been trawling RAF sites and archive sites on and off for years looking for that information. I don't know how you came up with the gen, but well done and thanks again.
    Don.

Thanks

Default Hi Rooster

I am about to get a website together about the War Dead of Exning. This thread saved me some research time (Thanks Henk) I am very keen obviously to get photographs of any of those named on the Exning War Memorial
    www.newmarket-remembers.info will show what I am about

Thanks

Default Arthur Lister

Quote Originally Posted by Rooster View Post
    Hi, can anyone help me to find out the circumstances of the above pilot's death.
    I am his son and have his service record, but no details of the ops he was engaged in, or how he met his death.
    He joined the RAF straight from school in Exning, Suffolk, and was killed on active service on 02/05/1944.
    I know nothing of his military life except his name rank and number.

Thanks in anticipation, Don.
    Hello, My name is John Arthur Lister, your Father was my Uncle and as you can see my middle name was given to me in his memory. I have some family pictures which, I think includes one or two of your Dad. Also my Mother, who is now 94 met him. If you want anymore information, give me your details and I will get in touch.

Thanks

Hi there,

chances are that Don has not logged in since this time last year. Your best to send him a PM, click on the name rooster above and a send a PM, if his email has not changed he will get an email.

Also, can you have a read of the no quoting message on the front of the forum, this only repeats text unnecesarily and fills up the forum webspace. You can edit out the quoted text if you visit in the next few hours, Cheers and I hope you do make contact with Don.
    Dennis Burke
    - Dublin

Foreign Aircrew and Aircraft Ireland 1939-1945
    www.ww2irishaviation.com