Thread: Any Marine Craft Experts out there?

Thanks

Default Any Marine Craft Experts out there?

I'm a little stuck researching a chap on my school war memorial, and would really appreciate a little help from anyone with a knowledge of RAF Marine Craft Units.
    I posted a similar query on the old board a couple of years ago and received some helpful links to various MCU/ASR and related sites, but despite making enquiries haven't had any luck tracing my man:

Frederick Warren Fisher, Flight Lieutenant 87183, RAFVR
    Died 13/05/43 in Loughborough Hospital
    Buried Minchinhampton, Gloucestershire.

I know from newspaper reports that "he was taken ill about five weeks before he died", so it appears very unlikely that it was as a result of accident or action etc.
    Amongst the mourners at his funeral was Flt Lt A J Reincke, representing the RAFVR. (possibly this might also give a clue as to his unit?).
    He is in the RAF Lists as "Special Duties - Marine Craft" and in the Probate Register as "Equipment Branch".

If anyone can help me to trace which unit he served with, I can take it from there!

Thanks,

Bob.

Thanks

Interestingly Arthur Julius REINCKE relinquished his RAF commission on appointment to the Intelligence Corps in the Army.

A
    Last edited by Amrit; 24th February 2008 at 11:09. Reason: repeated something already known