Thread: 1023954 Flight Sergeant (pilot) Harold Clark 20th March 1943

Thanks

Default 1023954 Flight Sergeant (pilot) Harold Clark 20th March 1943

I am researching on behalf of a local history group several RAF and RAFVR service men who are buried in Commonwealth War Graves in Swinton Cemetery Manchester. I already have the information provided by the Commonwealth War Graves Commission. I have made a seperate post for each person.

I am looking for information for the following person, details and reason for death, service records, any other information you may feel would be of interest.

1023954 Flight Sergeant (pilot) Harold Clark 20th March 1943.

No information has been found in the local paper regarding his death or burial.
    Kind regards Sue

Thanks

F/Sgt Clark was a member of the crew of Oxford DF477 of the RAF College which collided with a balloon cable and crashed at Mottram's farm, Ashbank, Cheshire 20/3/43.

HTH

regards

DaveW

Thanks

Thanks Dave

regards Sue

Thanks

As he died in the UK there will be a death certificate which will show his personal details and possibly any home address. You can get a copy of the certificate via the GRO site having found the reference on Ancestry.
    Stewart

Thanks

Default Harold Clark.

thanks for the reply Stewart,
    unfortunately purchasing certificates is not an option at this point in time. I am researching on behalf of a local history group and we do not have any funding! We are researching war graves in four local cemeteries and the numbers run into the hundreds, so for now I am relying on the goodwill of others to share their information.

Kind regards,
    Sue.

Thanks

The death certificate may not show you much Sue so save your£9! My uncle was killed when his Stirling crashed in Devon in 1942. His death certificate gives the cause of death as "Due to War Operations" and his occupation as 149 Squadron Royal Air Force, Mildenhall (which was wrong it should have been Lakenheath).

Dave