Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Progress With CC Losses Volume 2 & 3

Thanks

Default Re: Progress With CC Losses Volume 2 & 3

Ladies and Gentlemen,

Thank you for your contributions, both on this site and elsewhere, regarding Admiralty Codes. I am grateful for the explanations and as you will doubtless have guessed, I had no understanding of them before.

After some thoughts about these codes, I propose to take the coward’s way out and not try to continue that aspect of Ross’s work at present. There are, to my mind several reasons.

First, I have transferred the accident/loss records from the spreadsheets given me by Ross. Where there is a position quoted, I have used that position and don’t think I can better or add to that in the current climate.

Second, these codes seem to have limited coverage and do not represent what I will call a ‘globally recognised’ unit of measure. It does seem strange that the RAF was using RN codes which the latter were not.

In summary, I think the 80/20 rule might apply and in this case would introduce an unwelcome delay, which I wish to avoid.

I much appreciate your continued interest and if anyone has the full story of the 201 Sqn maintenance boat which sank at Castle Archdale on 14 Oct 42 drowning nine airmen, I should be grateful to hear it.

Colin

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Oldduffer For This Useful Post:

Pierre Renier (17th March 2021)