Thread: Recreation & Rest Camp Murree Hills, near Rawalpindi 1943. Airmen flying the hump

Thanks

Default Recreation & Rest Camp Murree Hills, near Rawalpindi 1943. Airmen flying the hump

I have a photograph of my mother with her lover !! (not sure my dad wasn't doing any better !)and my older brother on this group photograph of airmen from the USAF, IAF and RAF involved in "Flying the Hump" into China during WW2. One of the most hazardous missions going with a loss rate approaching 1 in 3 aircraft. Please pm me if you are interested. Howdie

Thanks

Default Re: Recreation & Rest Camp Murree Hills, near Rawalpindi 1943. Airmen flying the hump

Quote Originally Posted by Howdie View Post
    I have a photograph of my mother with her lover !! (not sure my dad wasn't doing any better !)and my older brother on this group photograph of airmen from the USAF, IAF and RAF involved in "Flying the Hump" into China during WW2. One of the most hazardous missions going with a loss rate approaching 1 in 3 aircraft. Please pm me if you are interested. Howdie
    Cannot seem to get to my messages so I've posted the cropped picture here https://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=843006

Thanks

Default Re: Recreation & Rest Camp Murree Hills, near Rawalpindi 1943. Airmen flying the hump

Thanks for that excellent scan, Howdie. I just don't know which woman is your mother. Each of two women has interlocked her arm with the pilot. Is your mother the woman on the left (not wearing a uniform) or the woman on the right (in uniform)? The uniform, I'm guessing, is American, and I'm also guessing (nothing more than a wild guess) that your mother was British or Commonwealth, in which case she would be the woman on the left.

I must agree with Spikey68 that the pilot does not appear to be an Indian. Possibly you know more about her lover at the time being Indian?