Thread: Flt Lt/Sqn Ldr/Wg Cdr Malcolm John Loudon (37293) POW, Clarification Please!

Thanks

Default Flt Lt/Sqn Ldr/Wg Cdr Malcolm John Loudon (37293) POW, Clarification Please!

Hello All,
    What was the rank of Flt Lt/Sqn Ldr/Wg Cdr Malcolm John Loudon (37293) when he became POW, and the date, and the circumstances?
    I will have had enough for today!
    Rgds
    Peter Davies
    Meteorology is a science; good meteorology is an art!
    We might not know - but we might know who does!

Thanks

Default Re: Flt Lt/Sqn Ldr/Wg Cdr Malcolm John Loudon (37293) POW, Clarification Please!

Peter

'Men of The Battle of Britain' states that he joined 324 Wing as Wing Leader in January 1944, and was shot down on a fighter sweep north of Rome soon afterwards.

There's also a bio here, if you hadn't seen it: http://www.bbm.org.uk/airmen/Loudon.htm

Regards

Simon
    Researching R.A.F. personnel from the North East of England

Thanks

Default Re: Flt Lt/Sqn Ldr/Wg Cdr Malcolm John Loudon (37293) POW, Clarification Please!

Simon,
    Mni tks yr help. When doing this sort of thing it becomes apparent, fairly early on, that there is a "pattern". 90+-odd% of the occurrences conform to the pattern - but then 'the printed word on the internet' throws up the occasional 'oddity'! This was one of those!
    I shall now, in cricketing terms, "Retire Hurt"!!! Tomorrow is another day which I can face when I know that blokes like you often have the answer(s) when I don't know!!
    Good on yer!
    Peter Davies
    Meteorology is a science; good meteorology is an art!
    We might not know - but we might know who does!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Resmoroh For This Useful Post:

wwrsimon (1st April 2021)