Thread: Looking for Air Publication ..... A.P.1876E

Thanks

Default Looking for Air Publication ..... A.P.1876E

Would anyone have a PDF copy of, or know where I can obtain, Air Publication A.P.1876E ?

Chris.....

Thanks

Default Re: Looking for Air Publication ..... A.P.1876E

Chris it may be useful if you can let us know the names of it also. Not everyone remembers their numbers...

Pavel
    Czechoslovak Airmen in the RAF 1940-1945
    http://cz-raf.webnode.cz

Thanks

It’s the inspection schedule for the Liberator referenced on pg.62 in Pilot’s and Flight Engineer Notes. Liberator III. V. VI. A.P.1867C,E,F & G-P.N.

Thanks

Chris WO1,
    Please be careful when quoting AP numbers (or any other vital numbers for that matter!). You give the Liberator AP number as both 1876E (first post) as well as 1867C, E F&G (etc) (second post), which will confuse those trying to help you. Incidentally, only the second number is the correct one for the Liberator Air Publication series. I have a slightly later copy of the Pilots Notes (includes the Liberator VIII), so the page reference you give for the inspection schedule is invalid for my copy. I have just located a paragraph (No. 86) on Pg. 68 of my Pilots Notes headed as "Maintenance Notes", which may be able to assist. "The maintenance procedure and periodic inspections are covered in AP 1876 Volume II, Part 2. When away from base, the flight engineer should ensure that the appropriate inspections are carried out as required, in accordance with the maintenance schedule." Happy hunting!
    David D

Thanks

Thanks David.

Appreciate your point. The A.P.1867C,E,F & G-P.N. came from the upper right corner of the booklet cover, I assumed that was the proper publication designator for the title Pilotís and Flight Engineer Notes Liberator III. V. VI. It says 2nd edition in the upper left corner. The title and publication designator is repeated on page 3 along with a date of February 1944. Apologies as I'm unsure as to what else the proper AP number should be. I would have posted images but have never been able to get that feature to work on this forum. Can you or anyone confirm that A.P.1876E is a separate publication as per my original post and if its possible to locate a copy?

Thanks

Hello,

Here is the upload from Pilot's and Flight Engineer's Notes, with the contents mentioned in the inquiry by Chris.

https://i.ibb.co/1rchP26/No-1.jpg

https://i.ibb.co/NTzbpGn/No-2.jpg

Regards

Finn Buch

Thanks

Hi Chris
    The suffix for the AP1867 series will be related to the aircraft mark

Provisional Pilots Notes for Liberator = AP1867
    For Liberator 2............................. = AP1867B
    For Liberator 3............................. = AP1867C PN

Source = http://discovery.nationalarchives.go...%2010&id=C2065

I am not very Au Fait with the wartime AP system but I would guess that the Pilots notes were being suffixed 'PN' after the AP number for that particular Mark of A/C

Thus AP1867C PN = Pilots Notes for the Liberator 3

The other AP's for the Lib3 then may be....
    AP1867C Vol 1,Vol 2,Vol 3 etc etc

From what you posted earlier then presumably AP1867C vol 2 would be for maintenance/periodic inspections.

AP1876 appears to be an Admin type AP (from same linked source - if of course the TNA info is correct !)
    Last edited by bvs; 26th April 2021 at 19:14.

Thanks

I just had a look around the web using varying search terms and found this website.....
    There are 2 images of AP covers for early RAF Liberator A/C,below is a snip of one of them which was advertised as -

Manufacturers Erection & Maintenance Manual for the Liberator II (LB-30), AP 1867B-Vol One (Volume 1) dated 15-4-41

This is obviously an early edition written by the manufacturer but conforming to the RAF AP system.

It is in 'Title 2' on the advert page.

https://www.flight-manuals-online.co...-24-liberator/

The AP title/number would seem to support my theory that AP1867 was used for all the Liberator Tech Manuals,in the usual RAF way it is the suffixes which identify A/C Mark and/or which specific information is covered in that particular AP book/manual.

I guess the 'AP1876' was a typo which was not corrected.

Just also to clarify - in the RAF AP system - the books were being regularly updated/amended through the years to cater for modifications etc and of course later Marks of A/C.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisW01 View Post
    Would anyone have a PDF copy of, or know where I can obtain, Air Publication A.P.1876E ?

Chris.....
    So to answer your original question Chris - I would say you are probably looking for AP1867E vol 2

cheers/rgds baz

Thanks

Or to be more specific (and correct!), Vol II, Part 2, as recommended by me in my 26 April post!
    David D