Thread: Topcliffe, Mildenhall and Gransden Lodge ORBs

Thanks

Default Topcliffe, Mildenhall and Gransden Lodge ORBs

Hi,

for my researches about the raid against Dusseldorf in June 1943, I would like to have a look at some station ORBs. Does anyone of you have for example access to the ORBs of Topcliffe, Mildenhall and Gransden Lodge for the period June 1 to June 13 1943?

Any other station ORB of Bomber Command containing information about the weather of each day would do too.

That you be of great help.

Thanks.

Best wishes.

Thanks

Default Re: Topcliffe, Mildenhall and Gransden Lodge ORBs

Marcel,
    Almost all of the information you want will be contained in https://digital.nmla.metoffice.gov.u...-fc61f5eefdcb/ Images 9-60 – the fully digitised Daily Weather Report (although you will need the first 9 pages which tell you how to interpret the alphanumerics). It’s free!
    You can use use Catterick for Topcliffe (15 nm distant), Mildenhall, and Mildenhall for Gransden Lodge (25 nm distant). If you want the weather at the time of a specific incident at any of your three airfields then you will have to consult (or get somebody to consult) the Daily Register of Meteorological Observations (F 2050 if I remember?). This was maintained throughout the 24 hrs at some Stations, but only during flying hours at others. They are in the Met Office Library archive at Exeter – but not digitised!!
    You might also be able to use https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/service...etting-started, but as this was not invented until long after I had retired I have no idea what is in it, or how it can be used.
    HTH
    Peter Davies
    Meteorology is a science; good meteorology is an art!
    We might not know - but we might know who does!

Thanks

Default Re: Topcliffe, Mildenhall and Gransden Lodge ORBs

Hi Peter,

thanks for the links and the explanations.

Best

Marcel