Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 420806 - Unaccounted airwoman and airmen - 6-8-1942

Thanks

Rich,

There are two Jenkins on Henk's list.
    Dick was referring to Edgar D JENKINS being regd in Exeter. Although it doesn't explain why your Paul Ralph Emerson JENKINS in not on the Q3 register.

I tried to find the birth registration on Ancestry of P R E JENKINS, but couldn't. Then I found him on the Malta Family History site under British Forces Baptisms:

Paul Ralph Emerson JENKINS, the son of Nancy and Ralph Emerson Jenkins, Captain, Hampshire Regiment, born 22nd February 1917, baptised 28th February 1917

Martyn

Thanks

Martyn, thanks for getting back to me and clearing this up. I dont have the form am1180 for this incident as yet but will order it shortly.

Thanks for looking up his birth, much appreciated. regards Rich

Thanks

Rich,
    Sorry about misleading over Jenkins.With 2 of the same surname on Henks' list I should have been more precise.
    I had a thought whilst writing this and looked in Qtr1 in 1943 and there is a registration of a Paul R E Jenkins,25, in Howden, E Yorkshire which is right for the accident to the Lysander,although the area actually was renamed Howdenshire. It is a long delay but suggests an investigation of his death to be sure of the cause.It might raise the possibility that it was not necessarily the result of an air accident and needed the intervention of ,say, a Coroner
    Regards
    Dick
    Last edited by Dick; 22nd October 2009 at 10:40.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jim C View Post
    Henk,

During air to air firing practise off Lion Point (Clacton,Essex) P/O (Pilot) Hugh M. McKIERNAN - 119210 - 85 Sqn and P/O (Obs) Geoffrey M. BREARLEY - 121216 - 85 Sqn crashed into the sea 200 yards from shore.Both are buried at Brookwood Cemetery.
    Hope this is of use to you.

Jim.
    Thanks Jim. I had this info on file however can't find a matching aircraft type and serial. 85 Sqn at that time equipped with Mosquito's and Havocs.
    Regards,
    Henk.

Thanks

Henk

Havoc AH444

regards

DaveW

Thanks

Thanks Dave for your excellent help. Will amend my files tomorrow, now rush to the TV watching soccer Ajax Amsterdam !
    Regards,
    Henk.

Thanks

F1180 confirms F/O P R E Jenkins killed as pilot of Lysander L4795.

It was on detachment doing a Calibration Flight when it struck overhead wires and crashed.

Regards
    Ross
    The Intellectual Property contained in this message has been assigned specifically to this web site.
    Copyright Ross McNeill 2015 to 2021 - All rights reserved.

Thanks

LAC Francis O'BRIEN - 855183 - accidental death, had volunteered for flag duty at the shooting butts and was keeping watch while colleagues were firing, was killed by a bullet which struck a post and pierced the corrugated iron protection.
    (Yorkshire Post, 11 August 1942)

Martyn

Thanks

Hello

AC1 William H. M. COLE - 1150523 - the National Probate Calendar records that he died at Botleys Park War Hospital, Chertsey, Surrey.

Cpl James M. MONTGOMERY - 541538 - his middle name is Walker on the CWGC website. The Dundee Courier of August 20th 1942 carried the following announcement:

MONTGOMERY - at hospital in Ireland in Aug., Cpl. James Montgomery, R.A.F., beloved husband of Margaret Neave, Gallowfauld. Interred in Belfast.

Regards

Simon

Thanks

Default The Unaccounted Project - Final Stretch Updates by Jon Heyworth

UPGRADE to Joseph Adolphe Romeo Langlois R 136762, a lieutenant in the Canadian Army whom had transferred to the RCAF as an AC2 in order to train as aircrew, he died at the Enfant Jesus hospital Quebec following an operation for a right inguinal hernia which was discovered at his RCAF medical, when he collapsed and died in hospital of a pulmonary embolism 3 days after his operation
    Last edited by jonheyworth; 23rd March 2021 at 13:48.