Thread: Tracing RAF Wartime Air Photograph

Thanks

Default Tracing RAF Wartime Air Photograph

Hi, can anyone advise what source to locate RAF Photos? i.e. NA,IWM etc. On researching RAF Abbotsinch found it had a ring of Type 27 Pillboxes surrounding and these can be seen on : RAF Wartime Vertical Air Photograph (E309.7013-7053. Flown 3rd October 1941). This info I received from Scottish Heritage.

Many thanks, Fred

Thanks

Default Re: Tracing RAF Wartime Air Photograph

The Intellectual Property contained in this message has been assigned specifically to this web site.
    Copyright Ross McNeill 2015 to 2021 - All rights reserved.

Thanks

Hi Ross, many thanks for quick response, have sent them an e-mail.

Fred

Thanks

For an annual 20 subscription to NCAP you can view zoomable frames from that period, possibly the same frames. The quality is variable according to the original quality but I have found most to be adequate for identification purposes. It will be a lot cheaper and quicker than ordering digital copies which last cost me around 60 per frame in pre-covid days, although these were for frames not yet digitised. I suspect the response will be slow anyway as covid restrictions may have caused a huge backlog of requests which may have to be fulfilled by a physical presence in the offices.

If I recall Abbotsinch does have coverage from 1941 but it was a couple of dozen frames for the whole airfield area. It may be worth checking to see the coverage before committing to paying although this will only show large thumbnails which you can't enlarge.

Thanks

Hi PNK, thanks for the advise, I will wait for a reply from NCAP (agree probably be a while re Covid). Definitely looking at annual subscription.

Regards, Fred.