This one bugged me, and I think the Oughton entry needs to be revised. I do think that this Liberator was KH352, but it also flew with 215 Squadron as letter code "M". It is in the 215 Sqn Operations Record Book, and I have two photos showing the Donald Duck-juggling-bombs nose art, from a 215 Sqn ground crew member, though the serial number and letter code can't be seen; only the nose art is seen.
So the Oughton entry, I think, should include KH352 also being on 215 Squadron in India as "M". I'll troll through the 215 Sqn ORB for evidence of its tenure as "D" on the squadron. My guess is that originally it was "D", and thus christened with D-for-Donald Duck nose art. Then, the nose art was retained but the letter code had to be changed to "M" -- but I want to find this evidence in the ORB.
KH352 does appear to have been on 159 Sqn as "M", though I have to do more research on this; I don't at this point believe KH352 was on 357 Sqn. Here's something I found in my notes:
Certainly KH 352 was “M” on 159 Sqn. The 159 Sqn ORB lists KH 352 “M” for three ops, all skippered by W/Cdr Ercolani: 27.04.45, 02.05.45, and 17.05.45, but twice in this stretch the ORB lists KH 325 “M” as W/Cdr Ercolani’s Liberator on ops: 01.05.45 and 13.05.45. However, on these latter two dates the logbook of W/Cdr Ercolani’s rear gunner, Fred Smith, gives the serial as KH 352 “M” (01.05.45) and KH 352 (13.05.45). The ORB is wrong (not unusual), and I think the logbook is correct. I think that the two KH 325 “M” ORB entries should be KH 352 “M”; the last two digits were simply switched. Further evidence of KH 325 comes from the few excerpts I’ve seen of the 357 Sqn ORB. This ORB’s end-of-month inventory of 357 Sqn Liberators for 01.45 and 02.45 list KH 325, not KH352. Then the ORB lists KH 325 as one of four Libs sent on detachment to Ceylon on 20.05.45, which is only 7 days after the 159 Sqn ORB listed this same Lib as one of its own!
CONCLUSION: KH352 was likely "D" on 215 Squadron before it changed to “M” on the same squadron. Then it was on 159 Sqn as "M" but not 357 Sqn, and KH 325 “M” was not on 159 Sqn. The two notations of KH 325 “M” in the 159 Sqn ORB are clerical errors, because KH 325 was actually on 357 Sqn. Oughton lists KH 325 as “M” on 159 Sqn (a mistake) and then ”N” of 357 Sqn. He must have been fooled by the juxtaposition error (325 instead of 352) made twice in the ORB.
I'm rushing, but maybe I can delve into this a little more, and if I find any change to the above, I'll post it here.