Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: WW2 route Stockholm to Leuchars

Thanks

Default Re: WW2 route Stockholm to Leuchars

Welcome to RAFCommands, John, and thank you for contributing to the story. I must admit that as I started the thread nearly 13 years ago it was a bit of a surprise to find it had been given a kick-start and you had me puzzling why I'd started it in the first place! In fact it was actually for 'my' man's wife who lived in Canada, she'd met him when both were working at the Central Forecast Office at Dunstable. She was curious about the details of the flight as his notes were not complete and he never talked about it. Sadly she has since passed away, but your post has me considering if I should write a brief account for the Met Office History Group. Is there any possibility I could see a copy of the relevant page?

Finally I'd like to add that the one thing I like so much about this forum is the way long dead threads suddenly come back to life because someone has a personal link to a story. It's happened to me more than once and I know others have been as equally fortunate. Thank you.

Brian

Thanks

Hi Brian I have the log book for one of the pilots which includes this flight and verifies all of the above , apart from the passenger list and tea!
    The aircraft in question was Liberator G-AGFO of BOAC. That was it's last flight on the route which it covered for all of February.
    It then flew to Valley and Lyneham on return.

Thanks

Sorry thought my post hadn't gone through ... so I posted again with a bit more detail
    I can't see how to post a photo but if you send me a mail to soblivious@btinternet.com
    I can pop the photos of the relevant pages over to you
    best regards
    John