Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Unaccounted Airpersons Threads

Thanks

You are reading too much into my reply.

I was simply placing limits, with my reasons, on any proposed project on this forum and saying that Henk's work had been transferred to others.

This also contained unpublished files beyond the September 1943 posts on here with all the copyright information already entered and collated.

The starting point and lead should be from his files and under the guidance of those he gifted the files to rather than starting from scratch again for Oct 1943 onwards.

Ross
    The Intellectual Property contained in this message has been assigned specifically to this web site.
    Copyright Ross McNeill 2015 to 2021 - All rights reserved.

Thanks

Dennis

1. Could I suggest that an explanation is placed at the start of the list explaining what it is and how it came about - and the source of the information (Henk on RAFCOmmands)? Regular visitors to RAFCommands will appreciate Henks work and what he was attempting, but 'Unaccounted Airpersons' does not really describe the contents since many of those listed, whilst members of the RAF/RAFVR/WAAF, are not aircrew.

I'm unclear myself as to what Henk ultimately envisaged doing with his research; was it to be published in any form so that someone researching an individual would have a starting (or should that be "end") point?

2. The second 'link' (for 6.7.40) is missing.

Hope I've not boobed as I did when you first posted last September.

Brian

Thanks

Re what Henk wanted to do...

I asked him once, he said he only hoped to stay alive long enough to complete it (sadly not to be) - I suggested online database or CD/DVD but I believe at his age this would have been a bit to much and he was non committal be all he wanted to do was to see his work was

a) His corrections to previously published work properly recognised, (even if it was a one line in acknowledgments) - however much of the nature of the works of refernece is that after 1 edition they are very unlikely to be printed again. There being one exception where updates were issued using some of his information but uncredited which I think upset him (but didnt stop sending more) says more about him than them!...

b) his work being freely available in any source for future reference with again his credit, he was mediclous in crediting the name of a late dutch researcher (who's name I sadly cannot recall at the moment) in his own answers to questions and he deserves the same accolade

Paul

Thanks

Paul,
    Hans de Haan??
    Peter Davies
    Meteorology is a science; good meteorology is an art!
    We might not know - but we might know who does!

Thanks

Peter

Yes thankyou "Hans de Haan" it was

Paul

Thanks

Perhaps in time, Mrs Welting may be able to give the answer we all seek.

Norman
    Last edited by namrondooh; 27th July 2012 at 12:07.

Thanks

Hi chaps,

I do not like themes like this but I want do add my little note - I was discussing the same matter with Henk just last month and he wrote me:
    All my digital info on allied aircraft losses (except USAAF) world wide is also on an extern 1 TB hd and will go to the SGLO (Studiegroep Luchtoorlog 1939-1945 = Studygroup Air War) which Iím a member of. I do hope they ever will find a possibility to add my collected info to their already existing and excellent website ad make the info available to people with interest in this subject.

So I think it would be better to discuss it with them at first avoiding to have two similar projects?

Pavel
    Czechoslovak Airmen in the RAF 1940-1945
    http://cz-raf.webnode.cz